Monday, May 18, 2015

2014-2015 NBA Round 3 Predictions

Well, I got both of the Eastern Conference matchups wrong and the West right. Hopefully that means my Warriors pick is still good and my read there is on.

For the Eastern Finals, I am taking 1. Hawks over 2. Cavs in 6 games.
-The Hawks are extremely well balanced offensive team. The Cavs did okay defensively versus the Celtics and Bulls, neither of which is an elite or even very good offensive team. The Hawks, if they are on, are a different test. At some point, this inefficient offense by Lebron and the lack of support elsewhere on the roster is going to catch up with them. I will say though, if the Hawks are the same team that played the first four games versus the Wizards, the Cavs will win this series. I think we see a team that is a step up from that though. Also, the thought of betting on JR Smith or Kyrie Irving to stay with Kyle Korver on a thousand screens and cuts makes me feel really good about this Atlanta pick. Korver is finding that stroke at some point.

For the Western Finals, I am taking 1. Dubs over 2. Rox in 5 games.
-The Warriors are ridiculously balanced, found their groove in the last three games of that Memphis series, and now find a team much like their own but less disciplined and tired. Honestly, a sweep wouldn't stun me. 

Title Picture:
-The Warriors make the most sense to me still, and I’d take them overall versus the field actually.  






No comments:

Post a Comment