Thursday, October 20, 2016

2016 NFL Week 7 Predictions


Week 7 Predictions:
Packers -7 over Bears, 24-16
-Giving it one more chance, Rodgers in prime time. Chicago has so many skill position injuries, though Hoyer probably still claws to 300 yards. Hopefully Rodgers can find receivers downfield again and break out of this weird slump.

Giants -2.5 over Rams, 23-16
-Ugh. I’m so sick of Beckham but this one makes sense.

Bengals -10 over Browns, 26-14
-Poor, poor Browns. Bengals get one they really need and Browns continue to struggle.

Lions pk over Ethnic Slurs, 27-26
-I really don’t know about the game. But I’m watching with borderline morbid fascination the saga of Jordan Reed. Super athletic, 5 concussions already in his career. Probably more considering how these things are measured, how he admitted he hid headaches and symptoms two weeks ago, etc. It concerns me, and players like him are the real indicators for “when do we just say, no, you can’t play”. Tough place.

Vikings -3 over Eagles, 24-20
-3 points? Did we forget how good the Vikings were during the bye week? I like what the Eagles have done but I’ll lay these three easily.

Titans -3 over Colts, 24-17
-I’m riding the Titans. Nice little team. The Colts are not a nice little team. They are a really rough team to even watch.

Bills -3 over Fins, 23-19
-I don’t like this, but it is undeniable which direction both teams are headed in. Who the Bills RB will be, who knows.

Ravens +2.5 over Jets, 20-12
-I’m confused. 3-3 team with a professional QB versus a 1-5 team with multiple injuries and either Fitzmagick or Geno at QB. And the Ravens are getting points? Yeah, I’ll get on that.

Saints +6 over Chiefs, 27-28
-I have a weird feeling that the Saints are undervalued and getting lines way too big for a team that can always score, especially late in games to cover. I think I’ll be taking them for a while.

Raiders +1 over Jags, 31-30
-I almost feel bad for Vegas. They have no idea what to do with the lines for the Raiders. This feels like disrespect, but then again, the Chiefs crunched them last week. I’m staying with them, especially because of their ability to score points in bunches.

Falcons -6.5 over Chargers, 31-20
-Decent amount of points will be scored here, but this should be all Falcons. After their recent run of games, the Chargers defense should be easy pickings.

Pats -7 over Steelers, 34-20
-Bad break for the Steelers, but I think the Pats would have gotten it anyways. Expect some “What’s wrong with Antonio Brown?” talking head conversations this week. Then try to trade for him. Pats continue to light up back 7s, especially if Shazier doesn’t play. I’m just waiting for the Pats linebackers to all play a game at the same time and all healthy. I’m not judging the defense before then.

Bucs +1 over 49ers, 20-16
-Just a painful game, I won’t be watching. 49ers are too simplistic, and the Bucs are coming off of rest. There should be a big game from Evans here.

Cards +2.5 over Seahawks, 24-23
-Arizona is playing Jekyll and Hyde football, Carson Palmer is taking days off because his arm is old, Seattle has no offensive line, Russell Wilson can’t move (but he can still throw pretty well). Who knows, stay away from this game. I’m just taking the points, and belief in the Cards DBs’ ability to cover Seattle receivers.

Texans +9 over Broncos, 20-13
-Broncos are an elite passing defense. No other part of the team is, and I’m not laying 9 points with Trevor Siemian. It may not be pretty for Brock though. I won’t be watching this game.

Record last week:
Straight Up: 9-6
By Spread: 9-6

Record this year:
Straight Up: 50-38
By Spread: 39-48


Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 985-52
By Spread: 804-718

No comments:

Post a Comment