Saturday, January 15, 2022

2021 NFL Week 19 Predictions: Wild Card Round

 2021 NFL Week 19 Predictions: Wild Card Round

 

Bengals -6 over Raiders, 30-23

-So many factors here. Raiders seem more like they are playing well above their talent level, while the Bengals actually make sense relatively for their play to their talent level. Raiders are coming off an emotional game last week, have to travel from a dome in a warm city to wintery Cincy, and lose comparatively at QB, RB, WR1, WR2, WR3. Tough to make that up. 

 

Pats +4 over Bills, 23-24

-The Bills are the more talented team, no doubts there. I’m taking the points because between Bill and the cold, it will likely be close overall. I will not be surprised if the Pats can pull it out, but low confidence either way. We saw a weird weather game in their first matchup, and a top 5% from Josh in the second. Not sure we have a lot to go on from either. 

 

Bucs -8 over Eagles, 27-17

-I’d like to talk myself into the Eagles, but they are truly lucky to be here. Brady isn’t going to lose a first round matchup like this no matter what he has at receiver right now. The Eagles defense hasn’t been able to handle any offense ranked in the top half this year. Might be a lot of dropping the ball off, screens, and short middle passes, but it’ll be effective enough for a covering Bucs win.  

 

49ers +3.5 over Cowboys, 24-21

-I know it is the trendy upside pick, but I see why. 49ers can match a lot of the offensive talent on the Cowboys at the skill positions, and are just much tougher otherwise. Cowboys haven’t been consistent for a while, I don’t trust their special teams, and I really don’t trust Zeke. I think the 49ers could win a ball control, 38 minute possession kind of game here. The kicking discrepancy isn’t nothing to boot. See what I did there? 

 

Chiefs -12.5 over Steelers, 34-14

-Yes. All of this. I don’t even like the Chiefs, but it pales in comparison to how much I dislike the Steelers. Emotionally. Schematically. Benically. It’s a lot of points, but do you see the Steelers hitting 20 here? Do you see the Chiefs ending up under 27? That provides a solid starting range to work from really. 

 

Cards +4 over Rams, 27-30

-I’m taking the points really. I like the Rams, I really do. But they are so thin, and Stafford needs to show he is a big game QB before I just accept it. And maybe he will. But it’s easier to buy Kyler is going to go all out, 4 is too much for a team hosting a home game that isn’t really a home team, and division games in the NFC West are always weird. I’d believe either result, but that’s just pushing me towards the 4 as a halo. 

 

 

Record Last Week:

Straight Up: 8-8

By Spread: 6-10

 

Record This Year:

Straight Up: 168-94

By Spread: 140-122

 

Lifetime Record:
Straight Up: 1881-1031
By Spread: 1538-1377

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment