Sunday, September 11, 2011

NFL 2011 Week 1 Predictions


I almost didn’t do my predictions this year, because things have gotten busy. But, I couldn’t resist. And I have to put my record on the line, don’t I?

Here are my results from last year, and my life time record. Let’s see if I can improve this coming season. Chan Gailey remains a head coach, so I think I have a good shot of doing so.

Record last year:
Straight up: 138-55
Against the Spread: 112-92

Lifetime record:
Straight up: 256-133
Against the Spread: 212-178



Ravens -2 over Steelers, 20-14
-Tough game but they should split the season series, so Baltimore gets the one at home. Troy spent too much of his extension on hair product and misses the first half by accident enjoying it.

Browns -7 over Bengals, 24-13
-You think you are going to the playoffs, you win this game. Period. Rookie QB versus second year. Browns’ playmakers, or lack thereof, do scare me though.

Texans -9 over Colts, 31-13
-The inverse score that the stat geek in me loves so much. I mean, come on, Kerry Collins? The emotional impact from missing Manning could do them in all by itself. If Foster sits, make it 24-13.

Chiefs -4 over Bills, 23-17
-I am down on the Chiefs this year like many people, but mainly due to how bad the SECOND half of their schedule is. The first half is fine. And the Bills still cannot stop the run.  

Rams +4.5 over Eagles, 21-20
-That’s right, you heard me. Not only am I taking the points but I am predicting the win. Dream Team goes down early. They are on the road, versus a team with continuity, with all that pressure on them. The advantage of the Philly corners is negative because the Rams have only average WRs to begin with. Eagles get blasted on the offensive and defensive lines, and get owned here. And here starts my predictions against the Eagles this year.

Giants -1.5 over Skins, 20-13
-I don’t like many things about the Giants this year. WR depth, corners being hurt, Eli still being Eli are the things among them. But, at the end of the day, the Skins are playing either Rex or John Beck. Thank you and drive through.

Cardinals -7 over Panthers, 27-10
-Eliminator Pick! Love this pick because even if the Cards don’t completely gel, they should still pummel Cam Newton in his first game.

Vikings +9 over Chargers, 24-31
-Chargers win but that line is too big for Norv in September to cover.

49ers -6 over Seahawks, 17-10
-I mean, I guess? Who cares anyways.

Cowboys +6 over the Jets, 20-21
-I would love to pick the Cowboys here, but the health of the Dallas corners and WRs scares me. Still, cover should work.

Patriots -7 over Dolphins, 38-13
-Chad Henne has been given audible ability. Yup, that’s enough. NE is going to be like GB and NO, the continuity and experience is going to allow them to rip it up in the first week. Miami shouldn’t know what hit them. If you aren’t saving NE in an eliminator league, this should be the safest pick this week.

Broncos -3 over Raiders, 20-16
-Raiders finally pulled out an 8-8 season, and then fired their head coach, let their best player go, and then let their third best player go. Um, wow.

Good luck this year everyone, season prediction column going out this afternoon.

BLISS

No comments:

Post a Comment