Friday, November 11, 2011

NFL 2011 Week 10 Predictions


Not perfect, but I got Ravens and Bears over the Steelers and Eagles, and that is what I feel the best about. NFL shaping up. This week, Jets vs. Pats will determine another course of action for the rest of the season.

Jags -3 over Colts, 17-10
-Suck for Luck!

Saints -1 over Falcons, 31-27
-I understand that the Falcons don’t run it well. But, the Saints can just score so much better. Roddy White better have a big game here for the Falcons to get this win.

Bengals +3.5 over Steelers, 20-21
-Steelers probably win because they just had a bad loss and the Bengals, though good, haven’t played anyone yet. However, it being in Cincy, me believing in ROY Andy Dalton (that’s right, I said it), and the extra half point gets to take the Bengals to cover. A win by the Bengals would crush the Steelers and put this in a bind for a division crown and even a WC berth.

Rams +3.5 over Browns, 17-13
-I mean someone has to win. Big difference is that the Rams have a real QB, a real RB, and a real WR. The Browns have none of that. So….yeah.

Chiefs -3 over Broncos, 24-20
-Arrowhead?

Cards +13.5 over Eagles, 14-27
-Eagles will win this game pretty handily, and the Cards don’t do much to exploit the Eagles’ weaknesses. But, 13.5 points are way too much.

Texans -3 over Bucs, 27-20
-The Texans’ defense is for real, and their running game will keep them in control.

Fins -4 over Skins, 20-6
-Skins, your name offends me, your offense offends me, and your owner offends me. Even Matt Moore can dominate you.

Ravens -7 over Seattle, 24-10
-Questions?

Giants +3.5 over 49ers, 24-23
-So here is the deal. The Niners are clearly good. But not 7-1 good. The Giants’ biggest weakness is the pass defense and I am not sure the Niners can exploit that at all. The Giants are pretty good, they beat the Pats and Eagles pretty handily to be honest, and I think the ride stops here for Alex Smith, at least for one week.


Bears -3 over Lions, 30-24
-Lions without Best, and the Bears are rolling better than anyone is seeing right now. Love Forte. 


Pats +1.5 over Jets, 31-21
-Two things I have held as truths: The Pats don’t lose two in a row, the Pats don’t lose after byes. Well, both happened in the past few weeks. So either it is really over and the ride has stopped here, or they regroup and start a new set of records. The Pats just can’t lose three in a row. A month ago if you had told me the Pats would be the team desperate for this game, I would have starred at you so hard it would have hurt. But they are. And I think that they take it.

Packers -13.5 over Vikings, 31-14
-Yeah….no.


Record last week:
Straight Up: 7-4
By Spread: 8-3

Record this year:
Straight Up: 65-29
By Spread: 52-43

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 321-162
By Spread: 261-221

BLISS





No comments:

Post a Comment