Thursday, September 26, 2013

NFL 2013 Week 4 Predictions

Ravens -3 over Bills, 20-14
-It seems the Bills aren’t good.

Bengals -5 over Browns, 27-19
-I am pretty sure the Bengals are good, and the Browns just beat an also bad Vikings team and we are about to overvalue them and Trent Richardson’s Ewing theory.
-Strategic Eliminator Pick

Seahawks -2.5 over Texans, 24-13
-Seahawks giving less than 2.5 over a mediocre team with Matt Schaub and an over the hill Arian Foster/dinged up Andre Johnson? Hell yes.

Colts -8.5 over Jaguars, 30-13
-Easiest pick. Luck could pile up stats like crazy here.
-Best Eliminator Pick

Vikings +3.5 over Steelers, 20-17
-I’m just taking the points and Peterson. Steelers shouldn’t be favored under any circumstances.

Titans -3 over Jets, 20-12
-I still don’t particularly like Jake Locker, but the overall team talent here is really different. And 2-1 just screams “regression” to me.

Cardinals +2.5 over Bucs, 17-16
-Glennon versus Peterson/Matheiu.

Raiders +3.5 over Ethnic Slurs, 20-17
-I am taking any and all points against the Ethnic Slurs this season.

Cowboys -2 over Chargers, 27-24
-Cowboys could actually win a game they should, putting a pretty strong hold on their division by week 5 (strangely). I mean, I think the Cowboys are capable of this.

Pats +3 over Falcons, 31-28
-Taking the Pats for me isn’t automatic, though it is close. When the Pats are getting points, however, that is pretty automatic. As much as the Pats aren’t whole right now, the Falcons really aren’t whole. And I think Gronk returning changes a LOT.

Saints -6.5 over Fins, 38-30
-So let’s talk Tannehill. I really love his evolution. He has shown everything about developing into an elite talent. The game winning drive against Atlanta was picture perfect. So I have high hopes for this guy…..but not this week. The Saints are a far more legit 3-0 than Miami, as much as I think both find their way into the post season. The Saints found their scoring vibe last week, and won’t let up in this one. Also, good luck covering Jimmy Graham right now.


Record last week:
Straight Up: 6-6
By Spread: 7-5

Record this year:
Straight Up: 24-15
By Spread: 21-18

Record last year:
Straight Up: 155-87
By Spread: 126-110

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 558-294  
By Spread: 464-394


No comments:

Post a Comment