Wednesday, December 7, 2016

NFL 2016 Week 14 Predictions

Week 14 Predictions:
Raiders +3 over Chiefs, 28-26
-I clearly just don’t understand something here. I get the Chiefs are winning. But the Raiders are a better team by record and are winning decisively. I am taking the free points here.

Steelers -2 over Bills, 24-17
-I wish I could do something else, but this makes sense.

Chargers +1.5 over Panthers, 31-27
-Two crashing teams. One I trust more than the other. Rivers probably more likely to remember his tie than Cam. This is vital.

Bengals -6 over Browns, 21-10
-Gotta respect that the Bengals aren’t giving up. I hear RG3 may start for the Browns. That’s tantamount to giving up.

Lions -7.5 over Bears, 27-12
-Stafford’s an MVP candidate. Absolutely. This could be ugly for the Bears.

Colts -6 over Texans, 30-13
-Texans may not win again this year. Colts, for all their flaws, can go into domes versus flawed teams late in the season and throw up 30. That’s enough.

Viks -3 over Jags, 17-13
-This will (or should) be an easy, take care of business win. Let’s see it Bradford.

Fins -1 over Cards, 24-16
-Cards have been so inconsistent this year, and the Fins are still alive for a playoff spot. I will give the Dolphins a pass for last week, especially because I think the Ravens are very good.

Ethnic Slurs pk over Eagles, 28-20
-Eagles are going the wrong way. Cousins can get points on the board. Is he the new Brees? Do we just have to accept he’s good? I’m not sure I’m there yet, but I will take this game.

Titans -1 over Broncos, 24-16
-The Titans can, and arguably should win this game. And it will surprise people anyways. Mariota is a hot young QB. You can run on the Broncos and the Titans have 3 different ways to run down your throat. I like this pick.

Jets +3 over Niners, 13-15
-Just taking the points in a game I’m picking so I don’t get fined.

Saints +3 over Bucs, 29-27
-Taking the points in a close game. If the Bucs win we have to consider them 50-50 to win the division with Atlanta. This is last gasps for the Saints, obviously.

Packers +2.5 over Seahawks, 31-23
-Seattle is having trouble running the ball and keeping the offensive line together. We cannot underestimate the loss of Earl Thomas. It is significant enough I am shying away from making Seattle my NFC pick anymore. Packers are at least throwing on an elite level again, and with Seattle’s condition and the points I will take them here.

Falcons -6 over Rams, 27-10
-Oh, this could be bad for the Rams. I would feel bad for them, but they played the bad quarterback two months too long, and then gave the mediocre coach an unnecessary extension for reasons I don’t understand. They have brought all of this on themselves. The Falcons are going to move the ball and cause some big plays on defense.

Cowboys -3 over Giants, 24-14
-After what the Giants did last week, how could I pretend to like the Giants here? Cowboys are rested and rolling.

Ravens +7 over Pats, 26-27
-This will be a close game and no way am I laying that many point. The Pats have so many injuries and issues right now, and I really like where Baltimore is going. They are my favorite for the North, not Pittsburgh.



Record last week:
Straight Up: 8-5
By Spread: 7-6

Record this year:
Straight Up: 100-71
By Spread: 86-84

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 1044-587
By Spread: 860-757


No comments:

Post a Comment