Wednesday, September 6, 2017

2017 NFL Season Predictions

Hello friends,
          For about the third year in a row, I debated not writing about the NFL season again. The PTB know that I have plenty to do, most of it writing related. I even have a doc class right now that includes essentially daily journaling. But, I can’t resist. I need to keep my streak going. This is my 9th year writing this thing. It has kept my sanity through jobs and school, and helps me reset my brain each week in preparation for fantasy matchups and *friendly* wagers with friends and family. I look forward to the day when I can write at more length and with extended mirth, but for 2017, this will again be abbreviated but authentic football analysis and internal dialogue spout onto a blog post. Enjoy.

MIKE


2017 NFL Playoff Predictions and Awards

Division Winners
AFC East – Patriots – I mean, two of the teams gave up already and the one that is trying signed Jay Cutler.
AFC North – Steelers – I hate this, but the infrastructure for the Bengals is declining.
AFC South – Titans – Don’t trust the QB situation anywhere else. Hurts to say that about Luck though.
AFC West – Raiders – Been on the bandwagon for two years. Hanging on until further notice.
AFC Wild Cards – Ravens on the strength of a great defense and Chargers with a good QB, decent weapons on the outside finally, and two good pass rushers.   
AFC Championship – Patriots over Titans.

NFC East – Giants – Eli will remain inconsistent but that defense is going to be awesome.
NFC North – Packers – Aaron Rodgers is involved and is the best football player on the planet.
NFC South – Panthers – Uneasy about this division but the Bucs and Falcons both scare me.  
NFC West – Cardinals – I have a good feeling about this team. Palmer was just fine last ten games of last year, the narrative isn’t exactly right there.
NFC Wild Cards – Seahawks because of the gross talent, and Falcons because it will be hard not to score a lot of points and the defense will get better than last year.
NFC Championship – Packers over Cardinals.

Superbowl: Packers over Patriots – Would have flipped this a few days ago, but the Pats are thin along the ends of both lines all of a sudden. Packers quietly reloaded with a bunch of young guys and are my pick here.

Awards
MVP: Tom Brady.
-Even without Edelman, they are going to score so many points and the narrative loves him here.

OPY: David Johnson
-1K+1K in play. 20 TDs also.

DPY: Joey Bosa
-20 sacks in play, and the defense should rise in notoriety and effectiveness.

ORY: Dalvin Cook
-Opportunity based pick.

DRY: Myles Garrett
-Browns may be a little better on defense than we think. Was also thinking about Solomon Thomas.

COY: Belichick
-I mean, it’s like Popovich. They should win every year. But they rarely do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment