Thursday, September 28, 2017

2017 NFL Week 4 Predictions

Week 4 Predictions
Packers -7 over Bears, 27-16
-Bears had a great win last week, but it took a huge effort and a lot of circumstances. Packers thrive on this matchup and need the divisional win. However, do I have both Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen going this week in fantasy? Yes, yes I do.

Saints -3 over Fins, 24-20
-Fins may not be good. Saints scrapping for their lives. Willie Snead return game!

Falcons -8 over Bills, 30-16
-Bills’ defense is their strong point, but this is a Atlanta we are talking about on offense. Easy two TD win. If McCoy doesn’t get anything going here, I’d start to worry on that topic.

Ravens +3.5 over Steelers, 21-20
-Steelers don’t look right, and the Ravens can’t be as back as they were last week. Just taking the points for a close one.

Bengals -3 over Browns, 20-13
-Browns has kept games tight, but the Bengals came alive last week and probably complete this game to get on the board.

Rams +6 over Cowboys, 17-16
-Cowboys still look vulnerable to me, and Rams are there and ready. I am going to continue my faith in the Rams at least one more week. Rams better cleanup that long ball defense though.

Titans -1.5 over Texans, 26-20
-Texans are pretty decent, but the Titans are rounding into the team I thought they would be. Murray was the only real question mark, and his big game makes me think this Titans squad should be a juggernaut.

Lions +1.5 over Viks, 28-20
-I am holding faith with my evaluation of the Lions being good. I also evaluate Case Keenum has only so many competent games in him, so thus the pick. That was a tough one for the Lions to drop last week, but they will start to win divisional games and be just fine.

Pats -9 over Panthers, 38-17
-The rematch of that really underrated 2013 game, I think this one goes the other way. The Panthers defense is good, but won’t create pressure like the Texans did. And the Panthers offense is not good right now. Benjamin is banged up, Olsen is out, and Cam is not right. Are we looking at Dolphins era Dante Culpepper?

Jags -3 over Jets, 20-12
-There’s your one win Jets. Jags should grind and pound this out.

Cards -6.5 over 49ers, 24-10
-Good game Niners, but the Cards should take care of business here easily.

Eagles +1 over Chargers, 24-21
-I almost feel bad for the Chargers for this 3 point loss.

Giants +3.5 over Bucs, 21-20
-Why am I feeling Jameis throwing it to the other team a lot here? Oh right, because that is totally likely to happen.

Raiders +3 over Broncos, 23-22
-I’ll take the points in a close game, and hold the faith in Carr.

Seahawks -13 over Colts, 24-10
-The Colts have been game all year, and Seattle is weak in several places. However, this has all the marks of the game where Seattle’s defense shuts things down.

Ethnic Slurs +7.5 over Chiefs, 20-24
-The rare time I am taking the slurs, mainly because this is too many points against a team that has had a major weakness in the secondary. I don’t know what to make of Washington yet, but I am taking that win over Oakland seriously. Chiefs win, but I’ll take the cover.

Record last week:
Straight Up: 6-9
By Spread: 3-12

Record this year:
Straight Up: 23-22
By Spread: 13-31

Record in 2016: 
Straight Up: 153-93
By Spread: 129-115


Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 1120-631
By Spread: 917-819

No comments:

Post a Comment