Saturday, October 6, 2018

NFL 2018 Week 5 Predictions


Week 5 Predictions
Pats -10 over Colts, 34-23
-My father, who laid 13.5 points to for this matchup, can attest I did in fact have this game. I had the over too.

Titans -5.5 over Bills, 20-6
-Weird line. Says Vegas knows the Bills suck, but don’t know if the Titans are good or consistent enough on offense to just lay into the Bills by a TD+ like a good team should.

Panthers -6.5 over Giants, 30-6
-Panthers are rested and prepped, Giants are reeling. This might be bad.

Bengals -6 over Fins, 27-20
-I am going to roll with my Bengals, especially now that the Fins came down to earth last week. Keep doubting Cincy everyone.

Ravens -3 over Browns, 23-17
-Ugh, Cleveland losing that game last week was a huge swing for me. I still believe the defense is legit and Baker is going to be good, but this is a “take care of business” game for Baltimore, and they will.

Packers pk over Lions, 27-23
-If Aaron Jones doesn’t get 15 carries I don’t really understand what is going on. Rodgers’ health worries me, but I will stay with my Super Bowl pick that is quietly assembling a good defense campaign while everyone so closely is looking at the offense (understandably so).

Jags +3 over Chiefs, 26-24
-It’s not KC-O versus JAG-D I am looking at. It’s the inverse. The KC Defense is so bad I can’t in good conscious lay 3 against still a very good AFC team. This is a great game though, and the rare AFC Title game preview possibility that doesn’t involve NE or PIT.

Broncos -1 over Jets, 24-17
-What am I missing here? Broncos are clearly better. They almost beat KC, and are laying 1 to the Jets?

Falcons +3 over Steelers, 40-36
-70 points in play? 80? Wow is this going to be showcase for offense. Julio still won’t score though. That’s not allowed.

Chargers -5.5 over Raiders, 27-19
-What is this, two points off what the line should be because they figure LA will miss a few kicks?

Viks/Eagles, I have no idea. I guess I’d take the points, but just stay away.

Cards/Niners, see above.

Cowboys/Houston, see above again. At least I won’t have a conflict for TWD.

Rams -7.5 over Seahawks, 37-16
-Seattle is not good. And now they are injured. Grab this before people wake up and it goes to 10.

Saints -6 over Washington, 30-22
-Washington is probably the team I have the least feel on. I have a bias because I hate their name with a fiery passion, they have only played 3 games to other teams’ 4-5, and they played inconsistently in those games. However, I know this is in New Orleans, Brees needs only like 200 yards for the all-time record, and they get Ingram back.

Record last week:
Straight Up: 8-6
By Spread: 7-4

Record in 2018:
Straight Up: 31-24
By Spread: 26-27

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 1293-708
By Spread: 1063-940

No comments:

Post a Comment