Wednesday, September 9, 2020

2020 NFL Season Predictions & Opening Night

 

Okay everyone. I’m not going to lie, this has been a tough year. I am not really feeling writing this column each week, and I’m not really feeling fantasy football either. I cut my leagues in half, and have little confidence what the product on the field will look like or if we will even get to finish line. However, some enjoyment is warranted, and I value how the NFL brings so many friends together to celebrate something. And that writing this makes my brain work and express and try. So, we continue forward.

 

I have little thought on the results for the league in general, other than with limited practice time and rookie reps, I will be valuing continuity. 12 years of writing this prediction column…let’s give it a whirl at least one more time.

 

 

2020 NFL Playoff Predictions and Awards

 

Division Winners

AFC East – Patriots – Death, taxes, the Patriots win the AFC East. Yes, even with Cam. I can’t pick the Bills in good faith.

AFC North – Ravens – I don’t like them a lot. But ugh at this division.

AFC South – Titans – I quietly really like their offense (and I’m not saying that only because I am relying on Tannehill in a league).  

AFC West – Chiefs – Mahomes man.

AFC Wild Cards – This is brutal. Texans solely out of respect for Watson. And Bills I guess.

AFC Championship – Chiefs over Titans

 

NFC East – Eagles – In Doug we trust to scheme out wins.  

NFC North – Packers – What can I say? I trust Aaron Rodgers. Lions are going to surprise, but the QB disparity overrules.

NFC South – Saints – A competitive division, but the Saints are still loaded with talent and have Drew Brees. Continuity of Saints over continuity of Brady always winning his division.

NFC West – Seahawks – Russell Wilson. 49ers already have so many injuries on offense.

NFC Wild Cards – Bucs and Rams. I have a feeling McVay is going to be just fine.

NFC Championship – Saints over Seahawks

 

Superbowl:  Saints over Chiefs. Brees gets one more and rides off into the sunset.

 

Awards

MVP: Patrick Mahomes

-Hard to go elsewhere right now. It’s really just a pick against health if anything.

 

OPY: Davante Adams

-I think he catches 150 passes.

 

DPY: Aaron Donald

-The defensive player in a long time.

 

ORY: Joe Burrow

-Bengals offense will surprise people. Defense will be total trash though.

 

DRY: Patrick Queen

-I like Chase Young too, but that team is going to be terrible, is imploding, and generally is unlikeable.

 

COY: Sean McVay

-Every year it should be Belichick. But it never is.

 

 

 

Opening Night:

Texans +9 over Chiefs, 26-33

-That’s just a lot of points for an opening night for a product we know nothing about. A vote for Watson keeping it close enough.

 

Record in 2019:

Straight Up: 152-93

By Spread: 128-114

 

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 1553-854
By Spread: 1284-1133

 

No comments:

Post a Comment