Friday, January 8, 2021

NFL 2020 Week 18 Predictions

 2020 NFL Week 18 Predictions: Wild Card Weekend

Bills -6 over Colts, 34-22

-The Colts have undoubtedly been a solid team this year. Their offensive and defensive lines are tough and make room for the players behind them to make plays. However, I think “solid” is their ceiling. They should blow bad teams out more than they do. And in big games, versus dynamic offenses, I’m nervous about their ability to keep pace. And that’s exactly what they’re walking into. A dome team with fleet receivers and a QB who has played in NC, San Diego, and LA for 20 years is going to go to Buffalo in January and try to beat a dynamic offensive team. The Bills are white hot right now and I think this looks more like a blowout than even the final score might dictate. 

 

Seahawks -3.5 over Rams, 31-17

-A few weeks ago, I would’ve been all over the Rams...especially with the half point. However, a few things have changed. Obviously, Goff got hurt and may not play. The Rams have played inconsistent football for more than a month now. Most importantly, it is underrated and underreported how many small improvements the Seahawks have made on defense, culminating in a much more rounded football team. It would take specific circumstances to not take Russell over Goff. To me, the Rams are not providing those circumstances. 

 

Bucs -8 over WFT, 34-10

-Honestly, I think this is going to be ugly. Just everything, other than homefield, is in the Bucs’ favor. And homefield doesn’t matter nearly as much this year. WFT will just not be able to keep pace. Brady gets his first playoff win as a wild card team. 

 

Titans +3.5 over Ravens, 31-30

-I’ve been back and forth on this all week. Far too invested in AJ Brown’s injury status. But, I am taking the extra half point. Baltimore is hot. In another playoff bracket, maybe versus any team but Tennessee, I’d have them advancing. But the Ravens have beat up on lesser competition, and I think the Titans, especially on offense, are more well rounded. The defense worries me, but that’s why my prediction is so high. I think it is a shootout and close, I wouldn’t bet it, but I’ll take the 3.5. 

 

Saints -9.5 over Bears, 31-17

-I don’t trust this Bears’ team, and especially don’t trust Trubisky. Saints are running out of time to put it all together for a long run, even if this feels very Broncos-Super Bowl 50ish. This should give them a chance to get Brees-Kamara-MThomas all on the same page. 

 

Browns +6 over Steelers, 16-20

-I hate this. I really wish, for Cleveland’s sake, they were at full health. I don’t like this Steelers’ team. But they get an easier path than they would have. They are the clear favorite. But in a messy, cold, low scoring physical AFC North playoff game, I’ll take the 6 points. And probably watch very little of this. 

 

 

Record Last Week: 

Straight Up: 13-2

By Spread: 7-8

 

Record this Year: 

Straight Up: 163-81

By Spread: 123-122

 

Lifetime Record:

Straight Up: 1716-935

By Spread: 1400-1256


No comments:

Post a Comment