Saturday, September 11, 2021

2021 NFL Week 1 Predictions

 2021 NFL Week 1 Predictions

 

Falcons -3.5 over Eagles, 24-20

-I don’t trust the Eagles mismatched roster and I’m at least somewhat positive about what Arthur Smith can do in Atlanta.

 

Panthers -4 over Jets, 20-13

-The Jets may be a professional team, but need to be treated as if they aren’t one. The Panthers are at least a professional team.

 

Chargers +1 over WFT, 30-20

-I actually like WFT’s defense a lot, but the Chargers are my sleeper team and I’ll still take the dominant offense over the dominant defense. 

 

49ers -8.5 over Lions, 31-12

-To me, this is the safest eliminator pick. Might be the best days all season for the 49ers RBs and Defense for fantasy. 

 

Bills -6.5 over Steelers, 29-13

-It makes me sad that here I am, ready to fade the Steelers, but Vegas is there in front of me. This line could’ve been 3.5, but people seem to have caught on that Steelers are not going to be good. 

 

Seahawks -3 over Colts, 31-24

-I’m somewhat excited to see what Shane Waldron does with the Seahawks offense. I’m not excited to see what Carson Wentz does with the Colts offense. 

 

Vikings -3 over Bengals, 26-22

-This could actually be a high-yardage game for both teams, but the Vikings are a far more complete entity. 

 

Jags -3 over Texans, 17-10

-I’ll take the team with some excitement over the team with pending court cases.

 

Titans -3 over Cards, 34-30

-Just take the over, baby.

 

Pats -3 over Dolphins, 28-24

-Looking forward to Mac’s efficient and boring first win as a Patriot. 

 

Broncos -3 over Giants, 20-16

-What a change for Daniel Jones. It’ll be a bunch of Broncos on top of him instead of a bunch of the Giants. 

 

Packers -3.5 over Saints, 33-23

-Does this line feel too low? Really feels like this line is too low. 

 

Browns +6.5 over Chiefs, 31-30

-History is kind to SB winners in openers. It is generally not kind to SB losers. I’m just taking the points and am just a little nervous about the Chiefs’ WR depth. 

 

 

Rams -7.5 over Bears, 31-17

-Really I just want this to be bad enough that we see Fields. 

 

Raiders +4.5 over Ravens, 29-27

-The Dobbins and Edwards injuries are unfortunate and painful. But, overcomable. The Peters injury actually really hurts them more and was the catalyst for thinking, “uh oh, we actually have a problem here.” Finally, thinking to yourself, “I have a problem, but Devonta Freeman and Le’Veon Bell are the answer,” brings it over the edge. 

 

Record in 2020:

Straight Up: 169-88

By Spread: 130-128

 

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 1722-942
By Spread: 1407-1262

No comments:

Post a Comment