Saturday, September 18, 2010

NFL 2010 Week 2

NFL 2010 week 2 picks: Nice week, some very clear cut games. Good luck!

KC +3 over CLE, 24-10
-Delhomme probably isn’t playing, but then again, does it matter? KC is a better team, and I have no idea why they are getting points here. In fact, the 140 straight up line looks great. I also think KC will bust off another special teams TD. As a side note, if you need a cornerback in your fantasy league and get points for return yards, Javier Arenas ROCKS as an option. I am starting him in some leagues that do so. Don’t be worried about McCluster – he’s so dynamic they will have him more involved on offense. I am standing behind my "KC as wildcard" pick, and after the SD game, their odds for the AFC West aren’t bad.

GB -14 over BUF, 34-6
-GB should roll, and Brandon Jackson should get his job firmly settled. Buffalo is just terrible, and the two touchdown spread is honestly not enough. While the Bills pass defense is okay, Aaron Rodgers will figure it out quick, and I expect a 2 TD passing day with a GB defensive TD on top.

PHI -6.5 over DET, 27-13
-The Eagles lost their QB, but so did Detroit. Philly’s backup is much better than Detroit’s backup, and the team was better anyways. Expect to see Philly run a little bit more, and we know they can crush the run. This game could be a disaster for Jahvid Best. They will double Calvin Johnson, and that’ll be all there is to this game.

I am conflicted about the CHI-DAL game, thinking CHI may cover. However, the over under of 41 looks delightful. I see a 27-30 game here one way or another.

OAK -3.5 over STL, 17-10
-Both teams are terrible, but STL may not have Steven Jackson at full strength. Oakland’s pass defense is decent too, and you know Oakland will run it down their throats. Under is tempting here too, but I’d stay away.

HOU -3 over WAS, 31-13
-I see Houston opening up the passing attack as Washington overcompensates on the RBs. I also see Owen Daniels getting a little bit more action, as I don’t think Washington’s LBs can cover him. Andre should score as well.

SD -7 over JAX, 28-17
-SD isn’t perfect, but they are definitively better than Jacksonville, and will do well at home against them. I see Rivers getting on page with Floyd and LN, at least enough for a decently easy victory.

NE -3 over NYJ, 26-17
-Okay, so go ahead, tell me I am a homer. But, here’s my case. I don’t understand the fascination with the Jets. They backed into the playoffs last year at 9-7, and at one point were 7-7, with two layups versus CIN and IND once those teams had given up and were waiting for the playoffs. They do have a nice formula in the RB/Tight Defense thing, but guess what, that formula doesn’t work anymore. The 2000 Ravens were the last team to win under that formula. Also, the great runner isn’t even there anymore, and the defense just lost its anchor. Revis is not well, and may be a bit out of shape anyways, and Sanchez is terrible. At this point I’d take Delhomme, Bradford, Trent Edwards, and Orton in a “2 minutes to go, need to scores 4 points” contest over Sanchez. Plus, his knee is really screwed up. Do they have talent? Yes, they do. However, they are lacking in some areas, and Bill B knows how to poke holes in your vulnerable places. It will be something like 26-17, but I say it looks uglier.

IND -6 over NYG, 31-24
-Battle of the Manning face! IND wins 11 games every year, doesn’t lose two in a row, and is at home. The NYG pass defense doesn’t give me confidence. Best part of this game? We get to see the Manning face no matter who wins!

NO -6 over SF, 28-13
-Alex Smith looks terrible, and while the Saints defense isn’t great, it is opportunistic. Why is this only 6 points? Could it be a 7 point victory only? Sure, but 6 is enormously safe. I think both Pierre and Gore have good days here.

Record last week:
Straight up: 1-0
Against the Spread: 0-1

Record this year:
Straight up: 1-0
Against the Spread: 0-1

Lifetime record:
Straight up: 119-68
Against the Spread: 101-88

No comments:

Post a Comment