Saturday, September 6, 2014

NFL 2014 Week 1 Predictions

Week 1 Predictions

Saints -3 over Falcons
-I think the Falcons rebound and have a good season, but the Saints are my Super Bowl pick and I think they put up some numbers in this one.

Vikings +3.5 over Rams
-I don’t know what Shaun Hill is going to do. I know what Peterson is going to do. I like getting 3.5 points in close defensive games. Questions?

Steelers -7 over Browns
-Death, taxes, and Steelers beating the Browns. 25-5 over the last 15 years or so.

Eagles -10.5 over Jags
-I feel weird about this pick. The Eagles are going to win, but if the Jags have a sneaky good 6-10 season with some close losses, I wouldn’t be surprised. I like Gus Bradley. This might be a strong tease candidate.

Raiders +5.5 over Jets
-I believe in Derek Carr. I can’t fully explain why, but I really do. And with this Jets secondary being so horrid, I think he can really get his career off to a good start.
                                                                                   
Bengals +1 over Ravens
-This should be close, but the Bengals might have the lines in the AFC on both sides and should dominate this game. I am not sure the Ravens could run anyways, but especially not here.

Bears -7 over Bills
-Marrone fighting with refs on the daily? Bears romp this. Byrd is in NO now, and that hurts the Bills trying to cover the Bears’ receivers deep.

Texans -3 over Ethnic Slurs
-Washington may be a mess, and the Texans are way undervalued right now. I believe in Bill O’Brien.

Chiefs -3 over Titans
-Probably will be a rough game, but I don’t trust Locker.

Pats -5 over Dolphins
-I love Tannehill but not in these games. Pats roll right through. The new look Pats defense will be fascinating to watch.

Colts +8 over Broncos
-Broncos are adjusting on defense, have lost a lot on offense, and this is a good spot for the Colts, who beat Manning last year, to at least cover. In Luck I trust.

Lions -6 over Giants
-There is no way to properly measure how bad I think the Giants are going to be.

The other games are stay aways: Panthers are a mess, the 49ers are a mess, and Arizona-Chargers should be an awesome and close game.


Record last week:
Straight Up: 1-0
By Spread: 1-0

Record last year:
Straight Up: 125-72
By Spread: 101-97

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 664-355
By Spread: 538-470

No comments:

Post a Comment