Friday, September 12, 2014

NFL 2014 Week 2 Predictions

Week 2 Predictions
Lions +3 over Panthers, 23-19
-Derek Anderson was smoke and mirrors, and the Lions are good enough to at least get this close. I still don’t trust the Panthers to be able score at a level to keep up in this one.

Fins -1 over Bills, 21-17
-I wouldn’t put much stock in this one because the energy should be good at home with all their good news. But it is EJ Manuel against my boy Tannehill, and we know how I am picking that.

Jags +5 over Ethnic Slurs, 16-17
-Ugh, what a *fantastic* game to watch. The Jags are feisty and at one point RG3 was averaging 4 yards a pass last week. I’ll give the points a go.

Titans -3.5 over Cowboys, 27-17
-The Cowboys actively do not want to win.

Cards -3 over Giants, 21-14
-The Giants are bad. The Cards are scrappy. And Fitz will have more than 22 yards.

Saints -7 over Browns, 34-13
-Saints aren’t losing two in a row and the Browns used up all their tricks last week. We also know the Steelers aren’t that good now, so the Saints are a strong play.

Pats -3 over the Viks, 27-10
-With no Peterson, this should be a walk.

Falcons +5 over Bengals, 28-31
-With no Geno, I am taking the points in a shootout

Seahawks -6 over Chargers, 31-17
-10 days rest? Same time zone? Yes please.

Raiders +4.5 over Texans, 20-21
-I’ll take my boy Derek Carr at home as a dog versus Ryan Fitzpatrick on the road.

Packers -8 over Jets, 35-9
-This is delicious. Even better than Seahawks/Chargers. No way Packers go 0-2.

Chiefs +13 over Broncos, 24-33
-Wow crazy crazy. That’s a lot of points. I mean, the Broncos are going to win, but….13 points!

Colts -3 over the Eagles, 28-24
-No way Andrew Luck is going 0-2. The Eagles can’t start slow again and expect to win. I think we also see a lot of Ahmad Bradshaw over Trent Richardson, which is good for the offense and team.

I am not touching the Rams/Bucs game because I think both teams are terrible. And Bears/49ers depends if those receivers play or not.

Record last week:
Straight Up: 7-5
By Spread: 7-5

Record this year:
Straight Up: 7-5
By Spread: 7-5

Record last year:
Straight Up: 125-72
By Spread: 101-97

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 671-360
By Spread: 545-475


No comments:

Post a Comment