Friday, September 19, 2014

NFL 2014 Week 3 Predictions

Week 3 Predictions
Falcons -6.5 over Bucs, 30-17
-Even with Roddy out, this should be an easy win.

Chargers +2.5 over Bills, 27-19
-I neither fully understand nor believe in the Bills so far. I’ll take Rivers over Manuel.

Ravens -1.5 over Browns, 20-17
-Browns have worked really hard so far, but they don’t have enough here. Ravens might be a solid little team. That close loss to the Bengals looks much better in retrospect because the Bengals may be awesome.

Bengals -7 over Titans, 23-14
-Titans’ offense looked like a mess last week. The Bengals might be the best team in the league in the trenches.

Packers +2.5 over Lions, 37-34
-I have a rule. If the Packers are decent, have Aaron Rodgers, and they are getting points, you take it.

Colts -7 over Jags, 27-13
-Luck isn’t going 0-3, and he really isn’t going 0-3 versus the Jags.

Pats -14 over Raiders, 37-20
-Love Derek Carr, but I’m not stupid. This is probably another good game for special teams/defense/intangibles for the Pats. I like this team. It reminds me of the 2003-2004 Pats’ teams, with a well rounded roster.

Saints -10 over Vikings, 40-16
-I’m legitimately excited. Saints are going to EXPLODE.

Texans -2 over Giants, 19-16
-Not a vote of confidence in the Texans. I just dislike the Giants this much.

Eagles -6.5 over Ethnic Slurs, 30-20
-I like you Kirk, but not this much. The Eagles’ offense is too good.

Cards +3 over 49ers, 20-18
-I mean, maybe? I don’t trust Kaep and continue to love the Cards for some reason.

Fins -4 over Chiefs, 24-17
-Chiefs weren’t that good and are now hurt. Tannehill plays really well here.

Panthers -3 over Steelers, 20-10
-I still don’t believe in the Panthers and won’t even after they stomp all over Pittsburgh.

Seahawks -5 over Broncos, 31-13
-This happened recently, right? It worked out for me then. The Broncos had a decent chance at this….but then the Seahawks lost last week. It is in Seattle, and the Broncos look human so far.

Bears +3.5 over Jets, 20-19
-I am not convinced the Jets should be giving points to anyone right now. Cutler should light them up.


Record last week:
Straight Up: 7-6
By Spread: 3-10

Record this year:
Straight Up: 14-11
By Spread: 10-15

Record last year:
Straight Up: 125-72
By Spread: 101-97

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 678-366
By Spread: 548-485


No comments:

Post a Comment