Friday, January 5, 2018

2017 NFL Week 18 Predictions: Wild Card Weekend

Week 18 Predictions: Wild Card Round
Chiefs -9 over Titans, 24-13
-This is a big line to lay for a team I am not convinced is any good. However, Mariota hasn’t been right all year and now Murray is injured. The Titans’ identity just isn’t quite right, and the Chiefs are a professional team. They should cover this nicely.

Rams -5.5 over Falcons, 30-23
-I was on the edge about this game, and perhaps even leaning toward the Falcons a bit based on prior experience. However, I don’t know I like how the Falcons play in big games, and the Rams have shown the youthful quality of not knowing they should be scared or intimidated. I have believed in Goff all year, and Gurley isn’t going to care it’s a big moment. He’s going to dominate the ATL defense, and I’m not sure Julio and Freeman are consistent or healthy enough to counteract that. The Falcons are also easily the more injured and tired team, having multiple high stress and impact games down the stretch. The Rams don’t have to travel, don’t have the baggage of last year, and are fresh and rested. I like them fairly comfortably in this game. Oh, plus Aaron Donald is a monster that there is no way to deny.

Jags -9 over Bills, 27-13
-Wow am I going to enjoy taking the winner of this game versus either the Pats or Steelers next week. Jags shouldn’t be laying 9 to anyone in the playoffs, but with McCoy hurt and I’m assuming either not playing or playing seriously affected, I can’t take the Bills even with the 9. Nice of the Bills to make this, but I would have rather had the Chargers in this spot to make it a game. Jags score on defense and cover the spread.

Saints -6.5 over Panthers, 31-20
-Cam is going to have to throw the ball, and I am not sure he can. Nothing from this season has suggested he has the weapons, health, or skill level to be an elite level passer right now. The Saints could have absolutely come into the playoffs better, but are a more complete team that has beaten this team twice already. The RB tandem in NOLA will get 35 combined touches and have a ton of opportunities in this game.


Record last week:
Straight Up: 11-5
By Spread: 9-7

Record this year:
Straight Up: 160-89
By Spread: 130-117

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 1257-678
By Spread: 1034-905



No comments:

Post a Comment