Friday, January 4, 2019

NFL 2018 Week 18 Predictions: Wild Card Round


Wild Card Predictions
These lines have already moved a lot. Time to nail down the picks for one of the most entertaining Wild Card weekends in recent memory.

Colts +1 over Texans, 27-23
-Colts are not the more talented team. It is definitely the Texans. Watson/Hopkins/Watt/Clowney are so good. However, the Colts are far far healthier and trending in the right direction. I like the QB experience advantage for the Colts, and the offensive line issue for Houston is real.

Seahawks +2 over Cowboys, 26-20
-I don’t trust the Cowboys. I think Zeke has a big game, but I’m nervous about their ability to have dynamic plays and finish drives. Russell has so much experience in the playoffs and in big games, and I can’t bet for the Clapper versus the vast experience of Pete.

Chargers +2.5 over Ravens, 26-16
-I know, this game was played only two weeks ago and the Ravens won. But, I thought it was odd then. I know I am asking the Chargers to go cross country and play a 1pm game, and that is hard. However, that is why I am picking a close game and not a win with a solid margin. I just don’t think the Ravens are there yet. Rivers versus Jackson is a huge experience mismatch. The Ravens defense is legit, no doubting that. But LA will have its full contingent available and be prepared with what happened in December.

Eagles +6.5 over Bears, 24-16
-I like the Bears. But I am NOT betting against this hot Eagles team, the reigning champions, with Foles at QB, getting 6.5 points. No way. I hope the Bears can put it all together. But they feel like the Jags. Great defense, managed the QB all year, and it will fall short eventually.

Record last week:
Straight Up: 11-2
By Spread: 9-4

Record in 2018:
Straight Up: 147-84
By Spread: 118-110

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 1409-768
By Spread: 1155-1023

No comments:

Post a Comment