Friday, January 10, 2014

NFL 2013 Week 19 Predictions: Divisional Round

Saints +8 over Seahawks, 20-24
-Too many points, but a probable Seahawks victory. They did this dance last month, and this isn’t one of those games where the Saints learn from the first and do it differently. They just got dominated. And probably will be again, but have a slightly closer result. The rain keeps the scoring down a bit.

Colts +7.5 over Patriots, 24-31
-This is just way too many points. Trying to overcome my regional bias, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Colts win this game. But definitely, I am taking the 7.5. The Pats’ argument is constructed of the fact that they are 6-1 coming off the bye at home, and the only loss was to that wonky 2009 Jets team. The Colts will not be playing that style, and Belichick can scheme around even the Colts’ explosiveness. Though, Adam Vin is involved and that makes me really nervous.

49ers pk over Panthers, 16-13
-The 49ers were the original. The Panthers are a new fangled remix. Sometimes that’s good. But this is more of a Jordan-Kobe relationship. And while Kobe’s good, he ain’t Jordan. Kobe could get him sometimes in 1:1, but I think the Niners still get this one.

Chargers +10 over Broncos, 24-23
-I just…I don’t know…I want it to be…the time of possession stat….wind…Manning is under .500 in the playoffs….someone is getting upset this weekend….I don’t even know anymore.


Record last week:
Straight Up: 2-2
By Spread: 1-3

Record this year:
Straight Up: 120-70
By Spread: 97-95

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 659-353
By Spread: 534-468


No comments:

Post a Comment