Thursday, October 12, 2017

2017 NFL Week 6 Predictions

Week 6 Predictions
Eagles +3 over Panthers, 27-23
-I don’t trust Thursday Night Football, and I don’t trust Cam, so I’m taking the points in what looks like it will be a close game. I’m really excited to get an extended look at Wentz though, and to have a legit front seven pressure Cam.

Falcons -11.5 over Fins, 34-6
-The Falcons blast the Fins coming off a bye to get healthy and refocused. Adam Gase doesn’t think Cutler is the biggest problem, and fairly, he probably isn’t. But he’s not a solution. He’s thinking about retirement 12 weeks from now. Ask Pittsburgh how that works out.

Ravens -6.5 over Bears, 20-13
-Starting my Ravens defenders wherever I can. This could be tough for Truthbisky. And I’m jumping on this before it creeps to 7.

Browns +10.5 over Texans, 13-20
-That just seems like a lot of points to hang for a rookie QB, especially after 2 of the Texans’ best defenders just got hurt. Seems like a low scoring affair.

Packers -3 over Vikings, 30-17
-Am I missing something here? Lock of the week. Vikings QB situation is still limited, and the Packers are performing like everyone thought the Pats would be. Rodgers may just roll to this MVP. They haven’t even really had all of their people together and healthy either.

Saints -4.5 over Lions, 31-26
-I like the Lions, I really do. However, they are beat up and going on the road to a team off a bye. Just taking the infrastructure and schedule here as a pick. Plus Brees is a monster off of a bye at home over the last half decade.

Pats -9.5 over Jets, 31-13
-The first real AFC East showdown (and most of the Pats’ are in the final 5 weeks of the regular season, so this is an important tone setter). This should be where the Pats step on their throats. I am hoping the 10 days off allowed for some defensive introspection. We will see. I would applaud the Jets for their effort and gameness, but they are just screwing up their draft pick so I won’t even do that. Would love an easy game on Brady though, with a ton of runs and screens.

Ethnic Slurs -10 over Niners, 26-12
-Niners have been keeping it close, but this is a real offense coming off plenty of time to plan and execute. I want to see Pryor play well though, that integration has me worried (I may or may not be a fantasy owner).

Bucs -2 over Cards, 24-17
-No idea what to do with this game, so I’ll take the team who didn’t look at a 32-year-old washed up RB with a spotted history and no knowledge of the offense and go “THAT’s what we need” this week. Plus, the Bucs are on longer rest.

Rams +2.5 over Jags, 21-20
-Goff over Bortles. The RB battle is legit fascinating though. Rams still figuring out how to win, but they will get there. It is the close wins that are key.

Chiefs -4 over Steelers, 27-20
-Ben, on the road in Arrowhead? Ugh, this could be bad. Something wrong with the Steelers, I’ve been saying it since July. Chiefs look like a 14-2 team. I am going to love betting against them in the playoffs though.

Raiders pk over Chargers, 24-17
-Whatever the line is, I’m taking the Raiders. Carr should be back, but even if it is one more week this team knows it needs to get a division win and keep in the race at least for the wildcard. Rivers is on the “2017 is your last year, right?” list that grows longer by the week.

Broncos -11 over Giants, 20-3
-Unwatchable and could be really ugly for Eli. Couldn’t happen to a better guy.

Titans pk over Colts, 20-13
-I’m assuming there will be no Luck, and the line will be about 3. The Titans can still make a solid run at the division here because of all the injuries to Houston and the likelihood that there is somewhat of a decline by Watson along the way. I’m also not sure the Colts would be better with a rusty and rehabbing Luck than Brissett right now.


Record last week:
Straight Up: 7-6
By Spread: 9-4

Record this year:
Straight Up: 39-35
By Spread: 30-43

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 1136-644
By Spread: 934-831


No comments:

Post a Comment