Thursday, October 24, 2019

2019 NFL Week 8 Predictions


Week 8 Predictions
We can pull out of this. Doing fine straight up, but the spreads are killing me.

Lions -7 over Giants, 27-19
-I have a lot of confidence in this overperforming but underearning Lions team. Or, I just have to start Stafford in three leagues because of injuries and byes. One or the other.

Bears -4 over Chargers, 22-17
-Who knows with this Chargers team anymore? Wow. I’m taking Trubisky and feel okay about it. Yeah, that’s a lie.

Seahawks -3.5 over Falcons, 30-16
-3.5? Did you miss a digit in the tens column? This Falcons team is abhorrent.

Jags -6 over Jets, 20-10
-In the battle of four letter J teams, I will take the team with the quarterback who reminds me of Uncle Rico instead of the one who had mono, an enlarged spleen, sees ghosts, and had to have toenails removed between games. Wow, the Jets season is ROUGH.

Bills -1.5 over Eagles, 24-22
-I don’t like it, but man does this make sense. Eagles got broken over the Cowboys’ knee Bane-style last week. And the Cowboys, it is known, only beat up on bad teams. I don’t make the rules, just enforce them.

Rams -13 over Bengals, 30-10
-Yes, yes please. Jalen Ramsey is going to feast. So will Aaron Donald.

Saints -10.5 over Cards, 27-13
-A lot if the Saints don’t have Brees back, but at this point how can you pick against them?

Colts -5.5 over Broncos, 24-6
-Yeesh. Can we see Drew Lock at some point please?

49ers -5.5 over Panthers, 20-13
-This will be a legit, hard fought game.

Texans -6.5 over Raiders, 28-20
-I don’t know if I’d recover from what Aaron Rodgers just did to them. Can’t blame the Raiders if they don’t.

Pats -13 over Browns, 31-17
-I’d like to believe in the Browns. But there are offensive line problems and problems with Baker likes to throw it to the other team. Seems problematic.

Packers -3.5 over Chiefs, 27-20
-Packers are getting healthier and more in rhythm, and I don’t think the Chiefs will rush Mahomes back this quickly. Even if they do, he’d be rusty. Packers win a strong game.

Fins +14 over Steelers, 13-24
-Just a big number to cover, even for a team tanking.

Record last week:
Straight Up: 8-3
By Spread: 5-6

Record this year:
Straight Up: 57-38
By Spread: 42-52

Lifetime record:
Straight Up: 1464-805
By Spread: 1198-1071


No comments:

Post a Comment